Illuminate is a ten-course online legal English programme for local, international, lawyers and law students.
This practical and up-to-date training opportunity invites you to study the legal vocabulary needed to work in commercial law at an international level. If you are a lawyer who needs commercial legal language to help you in your everyday work, we can help. Our Illuminate course contains clear explanations of contract and commercial vocabulary for busy legal professionals.
You have come to the right place if you take a course/s preparing you for the Attorney's Board Exam/Solicitors Qualifying Exam. In addition, illuminate offers excellent preparation for the Practical Vocational Training that candidate attorneys require before writing their board examination and being admitted as legal practitioners.
The Illuminate course is especially pertinent if English is not your first language. It contains vocabulary and grammar that will help your understanding of practical vocational study material.
A significant aim of Illuminate is to increase your employability in an increasingly competitive job market. If you are a law student who wants an impressive legal English certificate to add to your CV, we can do that for you.
Students who complete the entire course 1-10 successfully will receive a CPD* e-certificate as well as the prestigious ILLUMINATE CERTIFICATE, sent to you by courier from CAMBRIDGE.
CPD or Continuing Professional Development was established in 1996. This body appraises the educational programs according to the highest standards, and their accreditation is a symbol of quality and credibility. CPD has always remained committed to enhancing personal skills and professional skills in a range of career paths. Please browse through their website: https://cpduk.co.uk/about.
This programme is accredited for CPD points (CLE in the USA), and you will receive a certificate for 10 CPD points from the UK CPD Standards Office, recognised worldwide, upon completion. CPD training is a requirement for most lawyers worldwide and is also a great advantage on the CV of a law student looking for their first position in a commercial legal office.
Illuminate allows you to study whenever and wherever you want, as the study material is all pre-recorded and available to you 24/7. In addition, you can watch or read the study material and take the quizzes as many times as you need to.
South African students (and students from the SADC Region) enjoy super benefits:
1. Your SA price includes the Illuminate Completion Certificate - saving you 75 UKP.
2. The complete Illuminate course has been extended from 120 days to 150 days for all South African and SADC students booking through Online English for Law. Thus, you enjoy 150 days in which to complete the ten modules.
3. Students receive a copy of "The Lawyer's English Language Course" by Catherine Mason worth 34 UKP. The Lawyer's English Language Coursebook' is a complete introduction to commercial legal English. It contains 452 pages of practical study material, including legal reading, writing and listening exercises, and a full answer key. This book complements our Illuminate and TOLES Legal English Courses superbly.
4. All Online English for Law Students receive up to five (5) hours of FREE face-to-face online zoom tuition, for if/when they encounter any difficulties or require additional assistance, worth 125 UKP.
5. Students are never alone; you have a local point of contact and a specialist "English for Law" teacher if you encounter any difficulty.
6. If, after five hours, you require further assistance, then additional classes can be arranged. Again, do not hesitate to contact your local teacher to arrange for extra classes. See CONTACT for full particulars.
Check out this great video about our 10 module ILLUMINATE course!
A significant aim of Illuminate is to increase your employability in an increasingly competitive job market.